The “Services” means the access and use of our website, services, online portal and trading services and application.
What personal information do we collect?
When you register to use our Services, we collect contact information about you and information about your property. Through using the Services and interacting with us, we also collect device information and information through our dealings with you.
If you are a job applicant or contractor, we may collect identity information and information about your qualifications, experience and opinions from you and your references.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information to assess your candidacy to work at BitwiseAg and in the course of your employment or duration of your contract with us.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may also share your personal information with third parties in connection with a job application.
Where do we process your personal information?
Our servers and third party suppliers are located in Australia, the United Kingdom, United States of America and Malaysia.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We retain your information while we provide the Services for afterwards, as required by applicable laws.
If you are a job applicant, we will retain your information in accordance with workplace and privacy retention obligations.
How can I get in touch with BitwiseAg about my personal information?
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal information, or with to exercise rights in relation to your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are located in the European Union, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com
This policy set out how, when and why BitwiseAg (BitwiseAg Pty Ltd ABN 89 636 001 182) collects personal information in collection with its Services, and your rights in relation to your personal information.
We may update this policy from time to time and will send you a notification via email if we make any material modifications.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal Information means:
- if you’re located in Australia, the definition under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth);
- if you’re located in the UK or European Union, personal data as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you don’t provide us some or all of this information, we may not be able to provide our Services to you effectively or at all, or respond to your query, request or complaint.
Information we collect directly from you
BitwiseAg collects personal information when you register for our Services. This includes:
- your name, mailing or street address, email address, and telephone number;
- your gender and age (or date of birth);
- your Property Identification Number (PIC), property name, trading entity, property size, farm map information and farm operation type;
- credit card information and account details; and
- information through customer surveys and any enquiries.
If you are a job applicant or wish to provide services to BitwiseAg, we may collect information such as:
- your name, residential address, postal address, telephone number, email address and banking or payment information;
- your gender and date of birth;
- details about your qualifications, skills, employment history and salary;
- links to your professional profile (e.g. LinkedIn or corporate website);
- your company name, ABN and applicable tax information;
- your citizenship status and/or right to work; and
- whether you have a disability or illness we need to accommodate.
Information we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain data from you when you use the Services. This includes your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, network provider, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
We may also collect any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information.
Information we collect from other sources
We may collect personal information from third parties in some circumstances, such as:
- when you attend a conference at which we are a partner;
- from your references in connection with a job application or from publicly available sources e.g. your LinkedIn profile; and
How we use your Personal Information
This section sets out more detail of the reasons we collect and use your personal information, and the lawful grounds for use:
- identification and authentication: to provide you access to our Services and to verify your identity, in order to protect the integrity of the Services and provide a secure environment for our users;
- performance of a contract: when you acquire services from us, we require contact details, personal information relating to your property and payment information so we can properly administer the Services. Where we acquire services from you, we need your personal information to communicate with you, ensure the services are performed and pay the agreed remuneration.
- legitimate business interests: we may collect your personal information in some circumstances for profiling and direct market purposes, to undertake research and analyse your preferences and characteristics. It is in our legitimate interest to provide you with content tailored to your interests. We also use your personal information to improve our services and develop new service features so we can continue.
We may also use job applicant or contractor information for legitimate procurement or recruitment purposes, e.g. to determine if you are a suitable candidate or supplier.
- As required by law: We may use or disclose your personal information where we are required by law, order of a court, tribunal or regulator or if BitwiseAg reasonably believes the disclosure or use is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities.
- With your consent: Except when using your personal information for legitimate business interests or to perform our contractual obligations, we will seek your explicit consent before using your personal information.
How we store and share your personal information
BitwiseAg may store and disclose data to locations outside the country in which you live. If you are located in the UK or EU, your information may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries that do not have the equivalent data protection laws to the EEA, including Australia. We may also engage service providers outside the EEA. When we transfer your personal information outside your country of residence, we take steps to ensure that your information is secure.
Our servers and service providers are located in the following jurisdictions:
- United Kingdom;
- United States of America;
We may disclose your personal information we collect as follows:
- Affiliates: we may share information with our employees and related bodies corporate;
- Service Providers: we share your information with our third party service providers who assist us in providing our Services or in our business operations, including providers of payment processing, professional advisors, website services or analytics providers;
- Our Partners: we may share your information with our sponsors or promoters, including in connection with any competition we conduct via our Services;
- Sale or Transfer of Business: we may share your information with any party to whom our assets or business (or any part of them) are transferred;
- Recruitment or third-party agencies: we may disclose your personal information to recruiters who provide your information to us, to third party references you’ve provided us, and to enable verification and background checks for job applicants and service providers;
- Legal Matters: we may disclose personal information to government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, as required, authorised or permitted by law;
- With your Consent: we may share your personal information with third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us.
While we take reasonable steps to ensure that third party recipients of your personal information comply with privacy laws that are similar to those in your jurisdiction, you acknowledge and agree that we cannot control the actions of third party recipients and so cannot guarantee that they will comply with those privacy laws.
Cookies and similar technologies
We may collect personal information through the use of functional, marketing, advertising and performance cookies.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
We retain your information while we provide the Services and afterwards in accordance with our retention policy (table below) and as required by applicable laws. If you are a job applicant, we will retain your information in accordance with workplace and privacy retention obligations.
Data Retention Table
|Customer account data
|Until you request erasure of such data. Customer data is deleted within 30 days of a lawful request from you for the erasure of such data.
|Until you request erasure of such data. Site data is deleted within 30 days of a lawful request from you for the erasure of such data.
|Until you request erasure of such data. Survey data is deleted within 30 days of a lawful request from you for the erasure of such data.
|Customer support information
|Until you request erasure of such data. Support data is deleted within 30 days of a lawful request from you for the erasure of such data.
|Until you request erasure of such data. Transaction data is deleted within 30 days of a lawful request from you for the erasure of such data.
|Employee or service provider data
|In accordance with workplace and privacy retention obligations
Some countries grant specific rights, which are set out in this section. If you are located in the UK or European Union, each of the below rights apply to you. If you are located in Australia, only “access and correction” rights apply.
Access and correction
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the ‘Contact Us’ information below or on our website. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Where we process your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time, exercise your rights to object to processing based on legitimate interest, and ask us the source of personal information held and whether it came from publicly accessible sources. You can also object to us using your information for direct marketing purposes.
Note that exercising your right to be forgotten by requesting a removal of personal data may result in Bitwise Agronomy being unable to provide some or all of ours Services to you.
Contacts and complaints
Supplementary Terms: Australia
If you are located in Australia, the following terms apply to you.
If you are dissatisfied with our response to your request for access to, or correction of, your personal information or your privacy complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +61 1300 363 992.
Where practicable, we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when interacting with us. You acknowledge that if you don’t provide us personal information, we may be unable to provide you with access to certain sections of the Services or effectively respond to your query.